National Association of Black Journalists
The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) is an organization of journalists, students and media-related professionals that provides quality programs and services to and advocates on behalf of black journalists worldwide.
NABJ is committed to:
- Strengthening ties among black journalists.
- Sensitizing all media to the importance of fairness in the workplace for black journalists.
- Expanding job opportunities and recruiting activities for veteran, young and aspiring black journalists, while providing continued professional development and training.
- Increasing the number of black journalists in management positions and encouraging black journalists to become entrepreneurs.
- Fostering an exemplary group of professionals that honors excellence and outstanding achievements by journalists, and outstanding achievement in the media industry as a whole.
- Working with high schools and colleges to identify and encourage black students to become journalists, and to diversify faculties and related curriculum.
- Providing informational and training services to the general public.